Zion UCC Consistory Minutes
Monday June 27th, 2022
Present: Cathy Eckman, Julie Fisher, Steph Holland, Geordan Vincent, Cleo Balliet, and Dave Koch
Also Present: Gail Klemka
Present via Zoom: Dave Riegel, Macie Hourt
Absent: Pastor Frey
Meeting called to order at 7:05pm.
Visitors: No visitors.
Communications: No communications.
Finance Committee: Finance committee met June 13th. Received minutes and May financial report.
Motion to accept finance report made by Steph, seconded by Dave K.
Mission Outreach Ministry: Family Fun Night held on June 24th. $70 leftover to be donated to golf tournament. Received meeting minutes.
Motion to accept all committee reports made by Geordan, seconded by Julie.
- Yard sale – Held on June 25th
- Reviewed possibility of yearly calendar. Dave K. brought calendar as an example.
- Clam bake idea still on the agenda but will consider at a later date
- Consistory voted and approved rental use of the gym for wrestling. Consistory approved via text message.
- Dave R. working to secure a speaker for the fifth Sunday in October. Pastor Frey receptive to idea of every fifth Sunday.
- Extensive discussion on topic of attendance and financial impact.
- Letter received from Dennis Blocker. Discussed review of rental policies.
- Reviewed ideas to increase numbers.
- Discussed idea of sending letter to ALL members. Reviewed example letters.
- Facebook Live – continue or discontinue? Investigate Instagram. Facebook is used heavily and shared to community pages. Discussed possibility of utilizing Instagram or other sites which are used by younger age groups.
- Macie to investigate Larose’s youth fun night for beginning of August. Set up second event (movie night) to advertise/invite after Larose’s and lead into Sunday School.
- Discussed possible things younger members or potential members may be looking for in church and what “active” churches may be doing differently. Looking for younger members’ input.
- Bringing back recognition Sundays, would like to set up for August with Doyle Heffley (ZOW). Group for September?
- Door Security Proposal put on hold.
- Discussed idea of “Rally Day” or “Back to Church” Sunday, send invitations via some form of mail.
- Choir to sponsor breakfast fundraiser.
- Narthex Gathering Hosting to continue, trying to stick to every third Sunday.
Good of the Church: Golf tournament. Country fair September 24th from 9-2. Volunteers needed for bingo. Franklin Lions Club donated $1,000 to food pantry.
Resolution of Respect: No resolutions of respect.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 pm by Geordan, seconded by Dave K.
Next meeting scheduled for September 26th, 2022 at 7:00pm.
Macie R. Hourt